Tuesday 3 March 2015

Pretty Me & Make Me Challenge ~ February

Regular readers of this blog will know that I have committed to stop my procrastination and commit to a 'Pretty Me' project and a 'Make Me' challenge each month.

I am still working on my Pretty Me project for January (doh) and my first Make Me project had overrun slightly so I need to select a relatively quick project from my long list to complete within the rest of the month and thereby catch up.  Sooo...

Pretty Me ~ February

I had a quick win recently - a neighbour was skipping this trunk.


As you can see it's a little battered - the lid is split and the clasps are rusting but there is still function in this trunk. I asked the neighbour if I could rescue it and he looked at me as if I was mad!!  I could see some use in it so thanked him profusely and the trunk came home with me.

I have a purpose for this in mind - to house board games in our lounge so they are easily accessible by all but not stacked on tables in full view all the time.  I think a bit of paint and wall paper will soon pretty this old trunk up!

Make Me ~ February

I purchased Lucy's Coastal Colours pack from the Wool Warehouse online.  These colours are all my favourite tones - I do really like the look of them all together and they are so reminiscent of the sea.  My hands are a real problem at present and I have been long wanting to make some of Sandra's gorgeous mitts.  They should be a quickish and purposeful make.

Obviously it's now early March so I hope to finish this quickly for a crafty win and to get me back on track for some of my larger projects! In the short term though these should be two very enjoyable and rewarding projects. I look forward to the creative process and sharing the results with you soon.

J9 x

If you would like to look at my previous Ta Dah posts on the Make Me and Pretty Me challenges just click on the link below:


3 comments:

  1. The trunk was a good find, I've no doubt you can make it look lovely. I shall look forward to seeing your progress on that and the knitting too. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it matters so much about getting things done on a timescale, it is important to enjoy things more than anything! The trunk will be great when it is done and is a good upcycle!! xx

    ReplyDelete