Friday 6 June 2014

Crochet Bumble Bee Mobile

It's been a long while since I've shared some crochet creativity - I gave you a glimpse here of my recent project.  You may remember that around this time last year I was all excited because we had three new babies joining the family in the shape of gorgeous nieces and nephews.  Well of course, their first birthdays have come around with terrific speed, prompting me to scour my relevant pinterest board for crochet inspiration... and this is what I came up with:


The most challenging thing about sharing this project in all honesty was photographing it!!  I really enjoyed the process of making this mobile and Little Lady has put in a request for an owl mobile of her own - so watch this space!

Do you remember I showed you a glimpse of the creatures before they had their big smiles added? The inspiration came because apparently my lovely niece is 'a Busy Bee' and her mummy is making a bumble bee birthday cake to celebrate her first birthday.  I had already chosen a little something as a gift but the nickname would not shift from my brain and it meant that I simply had to create something...


Laid down doesn't do the 'mobile effect' any justice but with a simple 'point and shoot' camera I had so many blurry photos this was the most successful method!!



I used this fantastic pattern together with some flower patterns from attic24.  I picked buttons from my stash and embroidered basic features onto the bumble bees.  I used an embroidery hoop I'd picked up in a charity shop months ago, covered any knots with washi tape and using basic chain stitches I sewed the flowers onto the hoop in order to assemble the mobile.


I'm really pleased with the outcome and as my first amigurumi crochet I was happy with how it all came together.  Have you been a Busy Bee lately?!

J9 x
Linking up with the Farm Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. Oh-so-cute! What a lovely idea & a great gift for a busy little bee's birthday :-)
    Happy weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we can access wonderful patterns and inspiration from the web - that's certainly how I created this! It's amazing how many bumble bee products I've seen around though since starting this!! Happy Saturday! J9 x

      Delete
  2. It's absolutely lovely, one of the nicest crochet things I've seen. I shall look forward to seeing the owl one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bless you CJ! That's so kind of you - totally not my genius patterns but like I said to Gilly - I love the inspiration that blogs and pinterest provides! Enjoy your weekend, J9 x

      Delete
  3. Your little bees are so lovely! I hope that the recipients love them! xx

    ReplyDelete