Thursday 27 June 2013

It's like Learning to Ride a Bike

Well, actually that's exactly what it is.  My littlies have not been interested in bike riding.  Scooting has been the wheeled vehicles of choice through their early years to date.  We've had LoTS of fun scooting as a family - me on my mobility scooter following along as the kids set the pace!

That is until now.  On Sunday both of my lovelies learnt to ride their bikes!  Little Lady literally just got on it and rode off around the park - she was more than ready.


Look Mummy - I did it!!
Little man however, took a bit more perseverance.  He did really well keeping his motivation up.
 He kept trying and after about half an hour managed it independently.  Wow - did that little man beam with happiness and joy in his achievement.  We all had a tear in our eyes.

It was a joy to watch them both and almost tangibly watch their confidence and pride build within them. 
I'm certain this will open up a wealth of opportunities for our family time in future.  Me on my mobility scooter riding alongside my cycling loved ones.  All sorts of excitement yet to come.
 
We managed to pick Little Lady up a pre-loved bike from the charity shop yesterday for £15.  If only I could have captured the look on her face - such gratitude and joy.  At least it's in my memory bank ;0)  You can see the red bike above is a little on the small side and the new one is grey so we've got to girly it up a bit (as per her request).
 
Don't you love it when a plan comes together?!
 
Next time I'll be launching my Carry it Forward - See you here I hope next week for details!
Take care,
J9 x
Today I'm sharing in these fab parties!
Show and Tell Friday

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to both of your little people. What awesome accomplishments! Maybe Tour De France next?? :)

    ReplyDelete