Wednesday 16 January 2013

Forgive me... For I Have -

Been a very naughty girl at the charity shop ;0)

With seratonin levels at a low due to the hideous lack of sunshine in these parts, I was completely forced to seek a boost somewhere else...  It's not too hard to pick an activity that works for me; endorphins through exercise aren't an option due to my disability, soaking up the sun is just not possible due to the aforementioned lack of it - so retail therapy it was (although of a fairly frugal nature in the charity shop).  Personally, I find it's all the more satisfying as you never know what treasures you may find!

So today I'm going to double my retail pleasure by sharing my purchases with you! 

I adore these simple but pretty vintage candle stick holders.  They are perfect for the spring mantel I have in my mind's eye and were a bargain at £2:

Next were these floral 'door pusher thingy's' and a lovely rose bud coffee pot.  Sorry - not a very technical term but I don't know the proper name for the door things.  They're porcelain and were only £1 each.  I LoVE them but I know that my husband will not.  I may just have to put them in my craft room and stroke them occasionally ;0)


This beautiful glass vase?  Not sure of it's purpose but it is the most gorgeous opaque, pastel blue colour. 

The colours shift down the stem and base.  This one was a more costly purchase at a cool £10.  I have to say I did linger, look, pause, move on, only to return to it in the knowledge that it had to be mine.


I also got this rather lovely blue tit...


Plus two beautiful brooches and a rainbow necklace:


I especially love the green one - it's only about 1.5cm in diameter - so cute and so pretty!


So there we have it.  Enough to make my heart skippy skip skip in a truly ridiculous fashion.  It's quite funny how we're drawn to certain things isn't it?  The blues, greens and florals are emerging as my Kryptonite.

I hope you are managing to get a boost during these grey January days!
Thanks for reading,
J9 x
 

12 comments:

  1. Wow....you did real well. So any mvery pretty things. I like how your mantel looks already. Pretty teapot and I love the green brooch! That should peep you up for awhile! :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Karen - yes you're right - I felt like I'd been given a real boost! It's not often you find so many things at the right price! Enjoy your weekend, J9 x

      Delete
  2. Well done on the charity shop finds, sometimes you have a lucky day. I'm also in South West England, so we're practically neighbours!

    Debbie @ http://81deneroad.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Thanks for popping over - I've just popped over to your blog and yes, we are located really quite close!! Fun! I bet the charity shops in Bath are something else! J9 x

      Delete
  3. What great finds! Beautiful! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my post about cures for the winter doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you are so very welcome! Thanks for popping back here! Enjoy your weekend, J9 x

      Delete
  4. Those are some fun finds! Great job!

    Thanks so much for stopping by The Cozy Old Farmhouse and commenting on my Goodwill Outlet adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't beat a trip to the charity shops to give you a boost!! You have found some real treasures there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! It gives you a great (and sometimes much needed) boost - thanks! J9 x

      Delete